You’ve got questions. We’ve got answers.
The Buffalo Waterfront is prioritizing the safety of both guests and staff through new safety guidelines and mandates that are in accordance to official CDC, Erie County Health Department and New York State Department of Health COVID-19 safety recommendations and mandates.
Surrounded by Buffalo’s Main Street, the Naval & Military Park, KeyBank Center and the Buffalo River, Canalside can be accessed through entrances off Marine Drive and Main Street. It’s also accessible by the NFTA-Metro rail (Erie Canal Harbor stop). Visitors can also arrive via seasonal water bike ferry service. For GPS navigation, enter “Canalside Buffalo” or use 44 Prime St., Buffalo, NY 14202 as the destination address.
The Outer Harbor is easily accessed from Ohio Street, the Buffalo Skyway/Route 5 and the Queen City Bike Ferry. For GPS navigation, use 225 Fuhrmann Blvd. for the Wilkeson Pointe area or 825 Fuhrmann Blvd., Buffalo, NY 14203 for the Lakeside Complex area as the destination address.
You also can walk, bike or boat to the Outer Harbor:
- Walk: From Canalside or downtown Buffalo, use the Shoreline Trail. Memorial Day-Labor Day, use the seasonal Bike Ferry Landing located at Canalside (44 Prime St.) and continue south along Fuhrmann Boulevard.
- Bike: Follow South Park Avenue behind KeyBank Center to Ohio Street. Follow Ohio Street to Fuhrmann Boulevard and turn right.
- Boat: Dock at Buffalo Harbor State Park Marina/Safe Harbor and head north via the Shoreline Trail pathway/Fuhrmann Boulevard.
- NFTA: Exit at the Erie Canal Harbor station and follow the directions above for walking or biking.
In addition to parking at the Naval & Military Park and Erie Basin Marina, ample parking and access can be found near Canalside:
- Surface lots and ramps via Washington Street or Michigan Avenue
- Parking in the historic Cobblestone District, a short two blocks from Canalside
- Lots along Perry Street
- KeyBank Center and Harborcenter parking ramps, with accessible parking
- On-street and metered parking on surrounding streets
- NFTA-Metro’s Erie Canal Harbor rail stop, which brings you right to Canalside’s front door
Free parking can be found at Wilkeson Pointe, the Lakeside Complex, and the Outer Harbor Event Space, as well as along Fuhrmann Boulevard. On busy days, the Outer Harbor Event Space at 325 Fuhrmann Blvd. is your best bet for free parking.
In general, both Canalside and the Outer Harbor are open to the public dawn-dusk, 7 days a week. These hours may be extended during special events.
No. In addition, visitors are encouraged to participate in the many free and low-cost activities and events available during the summer and winter. For a full schedule of events, please click here.
Canalside public restrooms are available next to Clinton’s Dish (summertime only), at our Pavilion next to the Canals/Ice at Canalside and inside the Naval & Military Park’s museum building next to Liberty Hound.
Outer Harbor restrooms can be found next to Consumer’s Beverages Beer Garden at Wilkeson Pointe and at the main entrance to Wilkeson Pointe May 1-October 1.
You have plenty of great options! Check out the full listing of restaurants around Canalside and the Outer Harbor here.
The Ice at Canalside is open mid-November through early March. Please note that mild weather conditions (warmer temperatures combined with rain or melting snow) may cause ice closures, delay the season opening or end the season sooner than expected. Check out our calendar of events for more information, including open skate times and any weather-related closings.
Due to limited space, docking space is rented on a first-come, first-serve basis. Rafting of similar-sized vessels is mandatory if no dock space is available.
- Dock at your own risk
- Spaces are not guaranteed if you depart from Canalside docks
- No alcohol on deck
- Do not anchor in channel
- Utility hook-ups are limited. Please inquire about hook-ups at the information kiosk
- Please pay docking fees upon arrival at the information kiosk
- $5.00 per day
- $50.00 overnight docking
Well-behaved dogs are welcome at Canalside and the Outer Harbor as long as they are on a leash and properly cleaned up after. Bag stations are available on-site. However, dogs are not allowed into Waterfront concerts and certain large special events.
Please fill out our Contact Us form.
Yes! Please fill out our Contact Us form with more information.
You can also find us on Twitter and Instagram or like us on Facebook.