The Buffalo Waterfront is prioritizing the safety of both guests and staff through the following safety guidelines and mandates.
GENERAL CUSTOMER SAFETY GUIDELINES
- Masks will be required at all on site programming, events, rental operations, and food and beverage kiosks. Masks are greatly encouraged throughout your entire time enjoying a day at Canalside or Outer Harbor.
- Per state mandate, please note that you must wear a mask while ordering or picking up food.
- The purchase of any alcoholic beverage(s) must be accompanied by a food purchase.
- Per state mandate, guests must wear a mask whenever not seated.
- Common areas and high customer contact areas (i.e. door entrances, hand railings, seating) to be cleaned and sanitized throughout the day.
- Restrooms to be cleaned and sanitized based on frequency of use.
- A full sanitization of points of sale, restrooms, seating, railings and all common spaces at both properties will take place overnight by designated staff.
- Reduced seating has been implemented at both Canalside and Outer Harbor to help ensure safe social distancing practices.
- Hand sanitization stations are readily available for use at various locations throughout Canalside and Outer Harbor during hours of operation.
- Informational signage has been installed throughout both properties displaying social distancing and sanitization guidelines.
- 6ft distancing markers and signage have been installed at all food and beverage points of sale for public guidance.
- Plexiglass barriers have been installed for the safety of both staff and guest at all food and beverage kiosks.
- All to-go food packaging, utensils and condiments have become single serve.
- Touchless payment systems have been installed wherever possible.
- Reopen dates will be available on www.buffalowaterfront.com. All vendors and site activities will open within the most up to date State and Federal guidelines.
GENERAL STAFF SAFETY GUIDELINES
- Mandate that all staff wear protective masks.
- Train all employees on the importance of frequent hand washing, the use of hand sanitizers with at least 60% alcohol content and give them clear instruction to avoid touching hands to face.
- All staff required to take health check prior to start of shift.
- All employees are required to report any fever or illness to supervisor.
- Any employees that become ill are prohibited from the workplace and may only return after the employee self-isolates for fourteen days from the onset of symptoms and be symptom-free for three days without medication (as per CDC guidelines).