The Buffalo Waterfront is prioritizing the safety of both guests and staff through the following safety guidelines and mandates.
CUSTOMER SAFETY GUIDELINES
- Masks will be required at all on site programming events (farmers market) and greatly encouraged when enjoying a day at Canalside or Outer Harbor.
- Common areas and high customer contact areas (i.e. door entrances, hand railings, seating) to be cleaned and sanitized throughout the day.
- Restrooms to be cleaned and sanitized based on frequency of use.
- A full sanitization of points of sale, restrooms, seating, railings and all common spaces at both properties will take place overnight by designated staff.
- Reduced seating has been implemented at both Canalside and Outer Harbor to help ensure safe social distancing practices. Seating that is available has been placed 6ft apart.
- Hand sanitization stations are readily available for use at various locations throughout Canalside and Outer Harbor during hours of operation.
- Informational signage has been installed throughout both properties displaying social distancing and sanitization guidelines.
- 6ft distancing markers and signage have been installed at all food and beverage points of sale for public guidance.
- Plexiglass barriers have been installed for the safety of both staff and guest at all food and beverage kiosks.
- All to-go food packaging, utensils and condiments have become single serve.
- Touchless payment systems have been installed wherever possible.
- Select site amenities and vendors will be closed temporarily. Reopen dates will be in accordance with State guidelines and with the interest of the health and safety of site visitors and staff. Updates will be available on www.buffalowaterfront.com.
STAFF SAFETY GUIDELINES
- Mandate that all staff wear protective masks.
- Train all employees on the importance of frequent hand washing, the use of hand sanitizers with at least 60% alcohol content and give them clear instruction to avoid touching hands to face.
- All staff required to take health check, survey and/or temperature prior to shift.
- All employees are required to report any fever or illness to supervisor.
- Any employees that become ill are prohibited from the workplace and may only return after the employee self-isolates for fourteen days from the onset of symptoms and be symptom-free for three days without medication (as per CDC guidelines).