During the COVID-19 pandemic, the Buffalo Waterfront is prioritizing the safety of both guests and staff through the following safety guidelines and mandates.
After careful consideration for the safety and health of our patrons, the Erie Canal Harbor Development Corporation has made the difficult decision to cancel winter activities at Canalside this year due to COVID-19. Although ice skating and other related activities will not be available, Canalside and the Outer Harbor will remain open for visitors to enjoy throughout the winter. All public health guidelines, including the use of facial coverings and practicing social distancing, must be observed.
GENERAL CUSTOMER SAFETY GUIDELINES
- Masks are greatly encouraged throughout your entire time enjoying a day at Canalside or Outer Harbor.
- Hand sanitization stations are readily available for use at various locations throughout Canalside and Outer Harbor during hours of operation.
- Informational signage has been installed throughout both properties displaying social distancing and sanitization guidelines.
- Select site amenities and vendors will be closed temporarily. Reopen dates will be in accordance with State guidelines and with the interest of the health and safety of site visitors and staff. Updates will be available on www.buffalowaterfront.com.
GENERAL STAFF SAFETY GUIDELINES
- Mandate that all staff wear protective masks.
- Train all employees on the importance of frequent hand washing, the use of hand sanitizers with at least 60% alcohol content and give them clear instruction to avoid touching hands to face.
- All staff required to take health check, survey and/or temperature prior to shift.
- All employees are required to report any fever or illness to supervisor.
- Any employees that become ill are prohibited from the workplace and may only return after the employee self-isolates for fourteen days from the onset of symptoms and be symptom-free for three days without medication (as per CDC guidelines).