CANALSIDE HOURS & SAFETY
CANALSIDE SCAVENGER HUNT
The Canalside Scavenger Hunt is readily available for all to enjoy! Travel around Canalside and locate each Scavenger Hunt sign based on the following clues and collect the code words that unveil a message from Buffalo Waterfront. Once you have completed the hunt, turn in the complete message at the Information Kiosk located on the boardwalk for a prize during hours of operation!
- Start your journey at this sign, where you are invited in for family fun and a good time.
- This clue leads you to your next spot, where the nearby Buffalo overlooks the flowers in their pots.
- It houses our ice skates in the Winter and provides a shaded spot for visitors during the Summer. So come on down by the water not the lake and enjoy a quick break.
- Head up the stairs and to the left, where Shark Girl lacks, take some time to read some facts.
- Now that you’ve learned about the Replica Canals, cross the Bridge of Hope and look for the door in which you can explore even more.
- You don’t have to be wealthy to eat healthy. If you’re in a hungry mood, head to this spot to grab some food.
- Spot the big blue “H” on top and you’ll be sure to find your next stop.
- The place where adults go to tan and kids can play in the sand.
- Have no fear, Spring is here! These line the boardwalk every year and bring a lot of color and cheer. You’ll find them next to your favorite sweet treat so bring a pal and let’s meet.
- This structure was completed in 2014. If you start at this mark and walk over, it will take you to our neighbors at the Navel Park.
- If you find yourself looking for information, stop halfway down the boardwalk at this specific location.
The Canalside Scavenger hunt is proudly sponsored by The Greater Buffalo Area Honda Dealers, Lavocat's Family Greenhouse and Nursery and MP Caroll Hardwood!
CLINTON'S DISH & ICE CREAM
Kayak on the Buffalo River—including through the famous Grain Elevator Alley! BFLO Harbor Kayak Co. rents single kayaks for $20/hour or tandem kayaks for $30/hour. Check out their website for kayak tours.
COVID-19 sanitization procedures and practices will be instructed on site and on the BFLO Harbork Kayak Co. website.
HOURS OF OPERATION
May 23-September: Open daily, 9am-8pm
Hours may vary depending on weather
BUFFALO WATER BIKES
Water bikes look as cool as they ride. Single water bikes ($18/hour) or tandem bikes ($36/hour) can be rented for groups, families and single riders.
COVID-19 sanitization procedures and practices will be instructed on site and on their website!
Memorial Day weekend through Labor day
Memorial Day Weekend Hours
May 23: 11am-7pm
May 24: 11am-7pm
May 25: 11am-7pm
Saturday and Sunday: 11am-7pm
Hours may vary depending on weather
BUFFALO RIVER HISTORY TOURS
Join us for a 90-minute narrated Buffalo River history tour! Hear the story of the Erie Canal, Buffalo’s history as the largest grain port in the world, and experience the nation’s largest collection of standing grain elevators from just a few feet away. Reserve your tour today!
Tours will have a maximum capacity of 40 guests. All customers will be required to follow social distancing guidelines and wear a face mask throughout the tour.
REGULAR HOURS - JUNE 2020
Monday through Friday| 2:30PM & 4:30PM
Saturday and Sunday | 10:30am,12:30pm 2:30pm 4:30pm
Docking policies and procedures have changed for summer 2020. Due to limited space, docking space is available on a first-come, first-serve basis. Rafting of similar-sized vessels is mandatory if no dock space is available.
- Dock at your own risk
- Spaces are not guaranteed if you depart from Canalside docks
- No alcohol on deck
- Do not anchor in channel
Due to Covid-19 procedures, there is no dock attendant or utility hook ups and overnight docking is temporarily prohibited until further notice. We apologize for any inconvenience.